Monday, April 26, 2010

Was busy, Now Tired

Wow, the past three weeks have been a whirlwind of events. Starting before the church picnic; we worked a whole week cleaning house and doing yard work, not only for the picnic, but also before our friends from Texas came out. So here is a recap of whats been going on here.

April 8- Most Everything was ready for the picnic. Also, Steve Ringer and his family arrived here. (to film a video for http://indefenseofthefamily.com/index.html more about this farther down)

April 10- Our church picnic. But before, earlier in the morning some of us went to a community yard sale we always go to, that has about 200-300 yard sales. The biggest find was a Mini-14 for dad. Dad wasn't there, but I (and Emily R) found it(disputed as to who saw it first). I guess I was out of the truck before it had even come to a complete stop when we saw "Guns" leaning against a table.
The picnic was fun, (not as big as our last one in November) we had a baptism there as well and one boy was baptized. We also had another scavenger hunt, like last years. But this was was twice as long and twice as hard!! There was four teams like last time, my team had: Amanda L, Emily R, Gabriella H(sp?), Josh L, Jonathan Y, Zane K, and I'm tired, there was someone else I think.....
Anyways, our team did not win this time but came in a close second behind Lisa's team. They did have the best time, but that was disqualified because changes was made to their paper after it was turned in, so we then had the best time. Plus they had three more right then us. But it was really crazy, hard, and fun all at the same time. (had to do everything from singing Amazing Grace to pulling off Pastor's shoe to doing somersaults!)

So the biggest event that we did was film a video for Mr. Ringer. So we did get it all filmed and dad's still working on the post production. I will post some pictures of it but please look at http://indefenseofthefamily.com/video.html for more pictures and info regarding the video. Steve hopes to do a whole series and hopefully market it through several different avenues. It was a lot of work, and I even got to be in it a short time (Thanks again Mr. Ringer).

So while the R's were out we went to the zoo, went hiking with the L's and even got a lady mad at us for killing a rattler at the head of the trail. Also, We went shooting and Mr. R. gave me some very helpful insight pertaining to shooting, etc... Enjoyed it very much.

Today I slept in (the R's left Yesterday) and then also took a nap, which is very rare for me. But The past two weeks I always went to bed somewhere between 11pm-2am!!
So as I remember things I'll post them. I am also putting some pictures up right now in another post.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tyler,

Thanks again for all your help with everything and your appearance in the video! It was a pleasure and a blessing to work with you!

Steve

Beth at IAMRanch said...

You just can't let it go that I won the scavenger hunt fair and square can you?!?!? I think us kids should all make one for the adults...but don't tell anyone (even your mom!)

Tyler said...

Ummm, Lisa, you know she reads this don't you??!! LOL

Mandie said...

Hahaha!!! I loled at Tyler's comment-okay moving on.
I'm satisfied with having the best time. ;)I'm pretty sure you named everyone on our team, I don't think you missed any. That lady that freaked out was pretty insane! Poor her. haha After a few weeks of events like that, I think I'd need a nap too. :)

Beth at IAMRanch said...

Yeah, I know she reads this...but still... :)

I have another piano competition on Saturday!!!

Tyler said...

@ Steve, Your very welcome, it was enjoyable to film with you. :)

@ Lisa, I don't care that you won, my team won last time, and 2 place isn't bad. I like the #2. :)

Beth at IAMRanch said...

You know that I really don't care either...at least I think you know! It's just fun to "brag" about it for a little while... especially since you were the one who first made a big deal about it. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa

Who Was the Team Captain?
Just Wondering :)

Sarah

Beth at IAMRanch said...

Yeah yeah yeah...I know. You were the team captain. And I'll give you the credit that you did find the shoe for us - which wast the hardest thing!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you :) LOL
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Oh and you would have never figured out who was born in Germany :) LOL JK
Sarah

Tyler said...

@ Sarah; I knew exactly who was born in Germany, that was the easy one. Remember, we had a R on our team as well (Emily).

Anonymous said...

Yes I know Emily was on your team :)
You did a really great job ... I will give you that :)

Sarah

Beth at IAMRanch said...

Sarah...you were an AWESOME team captain! Congratulations on winning...now, is that what you wanted me to say?!?!?!? :)

Anonymous said...

Lisa your so Sarcastic, LOL
No that is not what i wanted you to say...but since you did, Thanks :) LOL, I just wanted to see what would happen if i broke up you all bantering back and forth about the scavenger hunt :) Hmmmm I guess i saw :) Miss you all :) and you too Tyler,

Sarah