Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Trip Update From Minn.

So I have quite a few pictures I want to post, but those will have to wait a little bit, but hopfully soon. :)

We are at my Mom's cousins house in Minn, it it absolutly beautiful, 78 degrees with a breeze and sunny; in a house that is about 130 years old on a farm.

So I'll give the run down on what has happened since we left.

We left last Wed. night at about 11:30 pm, (the Hood...'s helped us pack up and say goodbye, thank you) So I woke up in flagstaff at about 2:30am Thursday to my dad playing 'Songs' quietly keeping him entertained (or awake) with the song 'Creed' playing. (Sound familier P?? Listining to music going to Flag? lol) :)

Except that around the same time Annamae got sick, and it wasn't the kind of sickness you want to have while traveling in a car. ;) (after that over the next couple of days quite a few members of our family got sick, I didn't catch it and we are just about over it.)

So we drove straight though to the Cabrea's (sp) in Colorado. (half way between Col Springs and Denver) Beautiful cool weather there with still some snow on the ground. PLayed a little music with Daniel, while 'Mare stareing' until 1:30 in the morning. (Those little horses are sometimes a pain!)
We stayed there for two nights and then left to go to South Dakota. So in north of Denver we saw two funnel clouds forming and then disappear (funnel clouds turn into tornados) along side the free way. Yes, 'The sky was about to rain and prairies were calling out His name', it did rain and yes, we were driving through praire. We crossed part of Wy, and there we drove through snow on the freeway, (about 1-2 inches) we passed a couple of cars that appreared to slip and then ran into each other.

Moving on, we drove through the North-western tip of Nebraska, (I love nebraska, I have been there twice before on trips to the mid-west in 96' and 05'). And somewhere between Colorado and South Dakota I satarted to write a some words for song, the terrian is so inspiring.

We stayed in SD that night, and then the next day(Sunday) we went to Mount Rushmore and got rained out there. That night we stayed in De-Smet SD, at 'Ingalls Homestead', you know, Little house on the Praire. We slept on the same land they did in the 1880's. The next day (Monday) we stayed there and did a tour of it, and just relaxed. I wrote some music to the words I wrote earlier, under cottonwood trees that 'Pa' planted 130 years ago. Awesome. :)

Yeasterday we left De-Smet stopped in a little town called 'Tyler' Minn, (there's a Tyler in TX too) we then arrived here yeasterday afternoon. That is after stopping by in 'Walnut Grove' and getting 'bugged' out there by 'Plum Creek'. (another little house site. (To many bugs byt the creek, it's bug season, or at least 'gnat season'.

Today we just stayed here and relaxed, while the rest of the family gets over being sick. So Among other things I got to play guitar again un der some more '130' year old trees. Tomorrow, we will go to places like where my mom was born and around the area. My dad has never been here, so this is all new to him. (I was here in 05 as well)

We bought the newer 'little house' movie (five hours), it is so much better than the old TV show, much more accurate, and has some really good music in it; Irish fiddle doing scotish reels in minor keys.... you get the picture. Along with other 'wind instruments' and accustic guitar. Music style was a cross between Celtic and Indian.

I will edit this if there are any typo's.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

The W's said...

We are so glad you're having a great time! Can't wait to hear that song!

P~ Yes, I remember! :)

Mandie said...

Wow, sounds like you guys are having a great time!!!
So cool to visit all the historical sites! Honestly, historical sites and learning about(any kind of) history gets my adrenaline going! haha Can't wait to see pics, and maybe read/hear that song!?

God Bless,
Mandie:)

Beth at IAMRanch said...

You all are so lucky to get to do that! I reaaaaalllly want pictures!

Enjoy the rest of the trip...
Lisa

Beth at IAMRanch said...

Oh yeah, and bring back some of that cooler weather with you, too. And, if you can't do that, just enjoy it while you're in it! It is supposed to be 100 degrees here tomorrow and the sun is just blisteringly intense.

I AM Ranch said...

Oh how I wish it would be cool here!!! I am happy that y'all are having fun!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Tyler,

Sounds like you guys are having an awesome time!

I can't wait to see pictures.

Enjoy getting away from that Arizona heat.
Justin

Anonymous said...

you should'nt be calling the minis a pain.. or else you are.... but we did waste all saturday night marestaring a mare that never had a baby.. btw who's steve finnell??

thx

Anonymous said...

do you know who i am?? i am who you don't think i am and i am who you don't think i am and i am not who you think i am and i am who you think i am
that is WHO I AM

that was also very funny... hint hint

Anonymous said...

that's making ME confused and if i am who i said i am than who am i

aren't i sooooooooooooooooooooo confusing.. or do you never get confused?? you always come out on top :( and it's never FAIRRRRRRRR you should give someone else a chance... and least a shot one

Anonymous said...

did ya get that.. i didn't :(
soooooooo sad :) lol lol lol hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

that was FUNNY lol lol lol lol lol
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

wow someone feels awful for you ain't it sad :):):):):)

I AM Ranch said...

someone's rambling!!!

Anonymous said...

hey jake... it's MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

so tyler... do ya know who i am after tooooday???

big enough hint

you already know who I am lol

Tyler said...

Yes, after you filled up my whole blog with comments (JK) of course I hear Anna has about 54 on just one posting so I count my self lucky. Of course, I can always delete some of them..... :) LOL

Jessie said...

are you thinking about deleting me?? oh well, you already told me you were anti-jessie
LOL
not that i care... i suppose you could say i was anti-tyler. no not quite that. you're fun to tease, you and Mrs. R. David is no fun cuz he laughs at himself lol
now you really know who i am :)
and i don't care lol

Jessie said...

you still haven't said who steve finnell is
or is it a secret and you simply couldn't tell me??
lol

Unknown said...

That is what makes David so much fun..... The fact that he laughs a lot.

I AM Ranch said...

Yeah, David is alot of fun! (Don't tell him I admitted it though!) I( don't have 54Mr. Tyler. that tels me you are NEVER on here! I am up to 72!!! You need to keep updated!!!JK, I know you're busy!!!

Tyler said...

I don't know exactly who Steve Finnell is, or at least not yet...