Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Intel! Where I will be Working Soon

This is a video of an Intel clean room, where I've been hired for a project. The video is just a video by Intel; but I don't care for the music too much, but that's easily fixed. :) It gives a good visual of the environment I'll be in.

I'm actually been hired by a sub-contractor of a sub-contractor, which is hired by Intel. In the video, you see automated machine-cars on tracks on the ceiling. We are to take those tracks down and put updated newer, better, faster ones. In reality, it's just a general labor/construction job. Oh, and I do get to wear one of those white "Bunny suits" you see everybody has on.

Oh, a 'clean room' is 1000-10000 times cleaner than an open heart hospital surgical room (they make wafers, computer chips, processors and stuff). It's football fields big.
I've spent the last three days doing safety training and, more safety training. It doesn't pay great, but it's a job. Many of the guys in the class have been looking for work since 09!
Anyways, we'll see how it works out. :)

9 comments:

Sadie said...

Hehehe, those clean rooms are REALLY clean! Okay..... that is really weird... :) My 'Guy' is going to work already? Nope, it cannot be! It seems like yesterday when you and me were playing in the dirt and making mud forts and building tents in the living room!!! Oh, i really miss that... That means i can hear wedding bells ♫ringing♫ in the distances and Perry will be getting her MRS. degree... ;)I'm sorry, i really mean it, i'm trying so hard not to tease!!! Forgive me..... I am so happy for you, TyTy! I ♥ You : )
I'll be praying for you!
Sadie

Caitlin said...

It might seem like "just a job" but it's a great start! I have some friends who have worked for Intel and loved it. Once you are in, a whole new world will open up for you!

David said...

when do you start?

Sadie said...

He starts Monday. Well, he thought he started today but there was a little miss of communication threw the head people, so, he really actually starts Monday. It is really weird to think my big brother is going to work!

The Penny Prepper said...

No, I started friday, was paid for 3 1/2 hours of work. Actually I will get paid for all the training too.

Sadie said...

Oh, sorry. I didn't know you started Friday. My mistake... ;-/

Jacob said...

Hey Tyler! This sounds like a great oppritunity! I had a question for you about CollegePlus but for some reason the email bounced back! :) Do you mind sending one to me so I can email you? Thanks

The Penny Prepper said...

Hey Jacob,
My old emails been down, so I have a gmail right now. If you send a message to our family email I'll reply with my new one, since I don't remember yours exactly.

Gabriel Hudelson said...

Wow. Neat-o!