Thursday, November 24, 2011

God's Steadfast Love Manifested

Yes, today is thanksgiving, and I am thankful; but actually I have been thinking about thankfulness the past couple of weeks, (not necessarily because of Thanksgiving) and it has been a huge blessing in my day to day walk. Even though maybe I am not where I would really like to be; which would include having 'the' job, and thus being engaged or married, I'm still was finding myself very thankful. Knowing that God has a plan, and he is making good use of this time to grow me, and Perry together in and to Him.

I've been finding myself being very appreciative of my salvation which God has graciously bestowed upon me. The more I understand his steadfast love to me, the more humble and thankful I've become. God does have a steadfast love for me, which is so incredible when I think of it. My problem though is not meditating/thinking on it enough.

Also I've been thankful for my immediate family, having one, and just appreciating what God has given me. For him providing a house, and so many things in life, meaning spiritual things in life like a faith and a church. For values I've been taught by my family, their dedication through the years.

I'm thankful for God providing fairly constant work for me this year, in this economy. And the experience I gained when working at Intel, and possibly what that experience is leading to. I'm honored about a very real job prospect that I'm currently waiting for, and that I've been selected. Just the possibility of earning a wage more than two times than what I've hoped is amazing. Even if it happens to not be God's ultimate will for me. (BTW, if God gave me this particular job I would need to go to AZ for training!).

And then there is Perry. I don't even know where to start with her. I am so thankful for her! Her friendship, her encouragement, her heart, music, laughter and smile... I am so honored to pursue such a girl who is so beautiful in so many ways. She is blessed by God, and such a blessing to me. I am so overwhelmed and 'fascinated' by her.

God has indeed shown a steadfast love to me this year!

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD;
my soul shall exult in my God,
for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation;
he has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress,
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
For as the earth brings forth its sprouts,
and as a garden causes what is sown in it to sprout up,
so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise
to sprout up before all the nations.

Isaiah 61:10-11

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, everybody- Isn't this guy awesome?! Good post, Tyler! Challenges and convicts me about a lifestyle of thanksgiving. You're so cool. And... this girl is sooooo thankful for you. ;)