Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Where do I start??!!

Everyone's been telling I haven't blogged in forever, and it's true...
I have tons of topics and stuff to blog, but not as much time or....
So we had quite the adventure moving, where do I start!!?? My 4runner broke down twice on the way here, (yes, the second time happened cause we think the dealer didn't find what was wrong with it the first time), I don't have it yet because it's still being worked on 200 miles away, which is as far as it made it. I'm very thankful though that it's being fixed and made it that far. :)

When we first arrived here (after dark), there was about 7-11 inches of snow piled on our driveway so..., mom stopped on the gravel road right in front of it while I checked to see if we could get through the snow. Long story short, we stopped right on top of a big ice sheet and all we did was slip and slide backwards (we were on a incline with an angle). On top of that we were pulling a trailer, so we got pretty close to sliding in the ditch but we decided to meet our neighbors up the road, and ask them to pull us out. So 45 minutes later, and two diesel ford trucks, we were home... with frozen water lines and a frozen heater (it was in the 20's outside). So that first night we stayed in a hotel cause we also had a sick little one.

Now if us getting stuck was bad, wait until the moving trucks (semi's with 28ft trailers) came a few days later (along with another foot of snow). Um-Hm... that took a few hours (just a few, right?) , a few shovels, a few people, and another diesel pickup truck (yes, pulling the semi that had chains on!).

But we are pretty much settled in now, I think most all the boxes are unpacked, and now I'm blogging. Oh, and sending in applications and job searching like crazy! Which I pray has turned up some leads.

I do have many more things to blog about that I hope to get to soon, but there, I got one post done!!

3 comments:

Gabriel Hudelson said...

Oy. Glad you're in. :-D

Bizzy said...

You're glad? I am way glad!
Tyler, you make it sound kinda scary up here. Might want to do some beautiful picture posts too. Otherwise, nobody will come visit OR! ;)

SeSe said...

i know Bizzy! Its not that scary up here abut they way he was saying it none of those AZ people will come and visit... :( JK

Someone from AZ need to come visit OR..... i know of an event that could take place later this year that would gather a few AZ people... ; )