Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Camp-out, Three More, and the Color Green

Recently our church had its annual men and boys desert camp-out. This year we added a new feature; goat killing! Yes, we (Actually Mr.R) shot a goat and then skinned it (David and some others) and then cooked it up and ate it(only those who were brave enough that is). I did have a taste of it and well, it's kind of chewy, not horrible, but not something I would want to eat regularly.
We also went hiking and went to a abandoned 'mine', just a hole about 75 feet into a mountain. Usually, they cover these up and all you see is a 'tailing pile', but not this one. So Pastor, David and I were the first ones to get there, but I was the only one with a flashlight (I knew there was a reason why to carry one at nine a-clock in the morning!). So we went in, all the way in and touched the end of it; there wasn't anything in there except for dust and some coyote scat. So I stayed in there and 'lighted' the way for everybody else, (my Surefire did an excellent job BTW lol, I'm biased towards Surefires though!). We would turn off the light and it was about the darkest dark I've seen!

Also we went to some Indian Petroglyphs on a rock and had a devotional there that Pastor lead. It was about the Petroglyphs; you see it was a way for the Indians to communicate, especially their legacy. That was their legacy, which was just some circles, a lizard, and some unidentified markings of not much importance. The question was then; what will our legacy be, what will we be known for in our lives?? Will it be some squiggly lines on a rock? Or a life that was for Christ, and had meaning??

Also, three more are still needed for the Scotland trip, so the Lord has been providing the people, and there are still more that are interested. Except they have until the 28th to register, which is the cut off date for the trip to be a go. Little Bear said that this would be their last trip to Scotland because of the difficultly of getting enough people, this is the third year they've done the tour and the 11th(or 12th?) time he has been there.

I have also been studying Biology and the other day I was sitting there reading and realized something; Life wouldn't be here without the color Green. Yep! Why? Well it has to do with photosynthesis in plants, plants that do photosynthesis have Chloroplasts that gives plants the green colors they have. But, the end result of photosynthesis is oxygen, and is responsible for much of the supply of it on earth, and without oxygen, we couldn't continue living! So that is the only fun thing I have found in biology so far. :(
No wonder why green is my favorite color!! I am eternally indebted to it! LOL

But I still have a little ways to go with biology, first practice test I scored high, second was kinda low!

Also, Coming soon is a demo recording of one of my favorite songs, I just have to finish recording the other half of the tracks that I started a couple weeks ago!

1 comment:

Beth at IAMRanch said...

You would figure out a way to tie the "color green" into your biology, wouldn't you?!?!? It's OK...earlier today, I was called crazy when I mentioned that one of the places I wanted to go someday was Kansas. Why? Rich Mullins lived there...my mom gave me a really weird look :)

Lis