Saturday, February 20, 2010

Failed Test

Friday I got the results back for my English comp test and scored a 49 (C), a 50 is needed to pass.....
This is the first test I have failed on, and I have to wait six months before I can retake it. Except that in six months CLEP will have a new english test that is harder, and had two essays to be written in even a shorter time period. So we are also looking into local community colleges where I could do a on-line course; but of course that is five times more expensive than CLEP.
I spent two months (including Christmas time) working on this test and now it's gone....Hmmm....

God is still in control and it is not the end of the world.

5 comments:

The W's said...

We are sooo sorry!
But we be still rootin' for the Tyler!
Press on!
~The W's

Jacob said...

Hey Tyler!

Ouch.... that's a painful amount to miss by!

How much are those online courses you are thinking about?

God bless!

Mom2Five said...

Hi. I am friends with Shylock & his family. I follow your blog some through his blog.
I just wanted to tell/remind you:
Bill Gates failed at Harvard before creating Microsoft.
Michael Jordan was kicked off his high school basketball team.
Abraham Lincoln had 12 major failures before he was elected the 16th US President.
Thomas Edison tried more than 9,000 experiments before he created the first successful light bulb.
There are MANY other stories like this- my point is ...just keep moving on! We learn MORE sometimes through failures/mistakes.
God has a plan for your life (Jeremiah 29:11) just keep looking to Him to lead your way!

Beth at IAMRanch said...

Man, I'm really sorry for you, Tyler! Praying that you pass the next one....

Lis

Tyler said...

@ Mom2Five Thank you for your encouragement, it does help. :)
God Bless!
Tyler