Tuesday, January 19, 2010

God's plans in our Lives

So at my church we have been going through the book of Acts. I just absolutely love it, but anyways. Two Sundays ago we were on chapter ten, and it was about Peter and Cornelius. And how God told Peter in a vision to go to the gentiles and that the gentiles could be saved as well as the Jews. And Peter did as he was told and God's hand was very providential in the place and time of meeting and the eating with the first gentile family.
But what I saw interesting, and shared was that, Peter had no idea to go to the Gentiles and that the gospel was open to them, before that it was still Jews around Israel. It was possibly the farthest from his mind. ?? But then God showed that he should do so and to tell others to do so as well. I think it's funny how God has us do things in life(or callings or in the process of being called) that sometimes we had never thought of or dreamed of doing. Five years ago, I would of thought of the possibly of being a missionary far fetched for me, but now it could be a possibility (but I don't know for sure or for yet), or given the talent/passion (somewhat) for music I have and the opportunities to serve Him that He has given me.

Never our will but His, and if I can keep that in mind who knows what I'll do (or don't do) in life.

No comments: