Friday, January 15, 2010

Music Classes and Prayer Requests

So yesterday I was blessed with the news that I will be able to continue guitar and violin lessons. I won two scholarships to the Irish Cultural Center academy, one for guitar lessons and last week I won one for fiddle lessons. I am very thankful for this because there were only 5 scholarship's being granted, and I won two of them! They are not complete scholarships because you have to pay a potion of the fee's, but it covers a good amount of the cost.
But please pray for my fiddle teacher (Jane) she will not be teaching this term because she has gotten sick. I don't know what it is (they won't tell us), but am told is is serious and she'll be taking a good time off teaching.

So this term Pat the guitar teacher will be teaching the fiddle class; I know your wondering "how does a guitar teacher teach fiddle?". Well, he will be teaching us how to play with other players in Irish sessions (like a jam), including session etiquette. And he will be teaching us CĂ©ili (i think that's the right word, it sounds like 'Kailey') style. Which uses the same tunes, but has a different tempo and style. I know it's played faster; it uses tempos especially for dancers.

So I also have another post idea, but on different topic. So when I have time I'll post it.
BTW I just finished my first practice essay for my studying, hopefully it's not to terrible.

4 comments:

Jacob said...

Hey!

Congrats on your Scholarships!

We will be praying for your previous fiddle teacher.

God bless,
~J

Melvin said...

Congratulations! It was great seeing you today. Keep you in prayer.

The W's said...

Congratulations from the W's! That's great!

Tyler said...

Hey Melvin, it was nice to see you too! God bless you at Roosevelt.