Monday, June 7, 2010

Pro-life, Pro-Education, and Another Passed Test

So lately I have been thinking about the next presidential election, which I also talked about with several people at church this past Sunday. One of the requirements that Christians usually want of a candidate is for him (or, possibly her) to be pro-life.

I believe one of the worst things a society could do is to kill their own children, which is abortion. Now I won't ramble on this, but you all know what my opinion is on that issue.

But, what happens to the majority of children that are born (or survive the threat of being aborted) in America??? What do they end up doing? Good or evil? What are they taught?? A candidate NEEDS to be pro-life. But sadly, what happens to kids in America is that they go through the public education system. So I am upset (and sad) enough that there is abortion in America? But I'm also sad about what most kids are taught when they grow up. All the way from preschool to College.
The public education system is just an example of the moral position of the people in America. Which is as we all know very anti-God. What I'm getting at is, that the Education system in its truest form, would be NO Education system; at least government run. Most of us know that education is the parents job at home.

Also, what I'm getting at is, America is not only killing their children physically, but also killing them spiritually. The best candidate, if there is one, would stop both of these.

Now this is being very hopeful, and could only happen supernaturally, because right now humanly speaking, this isn't going to happen anytime soon. I look at the recent budget cuts on Education in AZ and there was just a huge outcry over it.

Now there are so many topics and issues about candidates we could get into, but I just thought of this one because of recent discussions going on live and in the blog-sphere.

I am also not promoting any particular candidate or political party at this time. Just the principles. Feel free to leave any comments and your name below. :)


On a personal topic, I passed another test on Saturday, World religions. Very interesting. So now I have 78 credits which is basically 2/3 done with college, boy am I looking forward to this coming Dec-Jan, no more college studies!

9 comments:

Perry said...

"...America is not only killing their children physically, but also killing them spiritually. The best candidate, if there is one, would stop both of these." That is a great point, and good way of putting it!
So when are you going to run? (Probably you have to be at least 21... hmm...)
Now, if you (or any of you blog followers/commentors) haven't listened to Kevin Swanson's talks on homeschooling, you need to do that next. He is so inspiring and correctly expresses that, for the Christian home-educator, discipleship is key. Actually, it should be the POINT.
Mmmm, yeah! Good stuff!!

Aimee said...

Good points. I think it's easy for us all to be pragmatic and compromise truth, settling for a Republican pro-lifer without considering if the candidate is a biblical leader (being male is important). So are you running? I'd vote for you, but in the next election I'll still be just barely under age. I've decided that when you're done with college you should write a children's series about the Civil War and states' rights in the tradition of Dougles Bond. YOU know, slip 'em some states' rights stuff!! Anybody else agree???

Ragamuffinmomma said...

Agree Aimee!! Encourage encourage our budding writer!! You are the 2nd person recently that encouraged Tyler to write books....and now that he's in the midst of his English Comp class and writing away, hmmm....maybe he'll discover a talent he didn't know he had and if he had a newfound purpose...well, the sky's the limit! There's definitely a need for good literature - especially in retelling TRUE history!

Seriously Tyler, you could do it!

~mom

Ragamuffinmomma said...

oh, BTW, Perry and Aimee - you guys should know this one - but you have to be at least 35 to run for president! Of course, you can be a lot younger to run for say, state representative, state senator, ..... :)

Interestingly, when Tyler was a little boy he used to say he wanted to be president when he grew up....

Beth at IAMRanch said...

Yeah! "Tyler Kirkpatrick for President!" Sounds catchy!

On a more serious note, I love Jennie Chancey's quote "A society that does not protect their young...is a society that has forgotten why it exists." Great article, Tyler. Very true, and very well written

Tyler said...

Yes, I do have to be 35 to run, but it is a good thing, else who knows what kind of people would be running.

I will consider the book writing and running though.

Of course, now that I have made it known that I'm pro-life on cyber space I better watch out! LOL Just kidding, but serious at the same time.

I'll have to make sure my identity is not found out. :)

Tyler said...

Thanks for the comments everybody, BTW It is encouraging.

me said...

Oh My!! ANOTHER person who has to make sure their idntity isn't foud out!! The world is full of them these days!! (Obama included!)

Gabriel Hudelson said...

"Also, what I'm getting at is, America is not only killing their children physically, but also killing them spiritually. The best candidate, if there is one, would stop both of these."

Wow. Excellent.

And good work on your degree!

TK4PRES

Gabe