Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fiddle Playing At a Castle and Cliffs

Videos of me playing Be Thou My Vision in 'Whigs Vault' at Dunnottar Castle in Scotland, and the jig part to 'The Color Green' at the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland.

The Vault was used at the time to hold 167 covenanter prisoners(Christians) for a few months under horrible conditions. Little Bear was having me play to get people to come in so we could do a devotional there. Very sobering to be in there and hear the story of what happened. It also had awesome reverb in there! :)

The Cliffs were the site where much of the Music video to RM's song The Color Green was filmed, I roughly played the Jig (instrumental) part to the song.
I have more videos of me playing at places to come.

Be thou my vision


The Color Green

3 comments:

Kirkpatrick's said...

That is pretty somber to think of the history of that spot....I could not imagine living in that small space for that long with that many other people....Ooh, the , oh, never mind. How sad. Praise God He gave them the strength to endure.....

How sweet playing with LB like you did at all these places....awesome memories!

~mama K :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Tyler. Our family sang along with you tonight during family worship as you played "Be Thou My Vision." We love your strong Christian witness.

Jessie said...

Mr. M, tell your wife that she sounded amazing on sunday..i didn't get the chance :)

Also, thanks for the sermon on Sunday...really made our family think...and get more consistent hopefully!!